Thursday, January 24, 2008

Remix in the year of the rat

Thunderhill 2005 was the original inspiration for this site. It's one of those races you're really fortunate just to be in. While Belinda's car was strong and she got by early and Jon checked out after Jim and I went side by side in the 13-14 complex, it still left a five car tussle that went on for about fifteen minutes.

At one point Bob got in trouble trying to get by Tom, and got passed by Jim, Dave and Myself. Jim had to actually duck off track so I got him after we were side by side in the following turns 11-12, while Dave got all three of us... six passes in one corner with two of the cars in the middle coming out of the esses side by side. We go into turn ten and the order is Bob, Jim, Paul & Dave; we come out of turn 10 and the order is Dave, Paul, Jim & Bob. It doesn't get much better than that. And it's not just a one turn thing. Two thirds of the way into the race I get shuffled back going into turn one because I don't like the idea of going in four wide and lost track of two of the other three guys contesting the corner. I know that kind of madness happens a lot at the beginning of races, but this was fifteen minutes in, which gives you an idea just how much fun we were having.

Jim was kind enough to provide me with his in-car video, so I combined it with my in-car and created what is probably the best all in-car video...ever...

Last night I wanted to get some practice using different viewpoints to tell the story of a race, so what better to do than to go back to the original source and do a... well... remix. I'll be uploading the mpeg version to Google Video tonight. Look for the link in race videos no later than tomorrow.

This year I'm going to be doing the same kind of videos for every race, and with a half-dozen cameras. It's going to be awesome.


Update: Video is on line, here


No comments: