Monday, January 14, 2008

Didn't run the car, but...

I was just getting over whatever that nasty bug going around here in SoCal is, so while I did the drive up to Buttonwillow and despite really liking the track configuration and conditions, in the end I decided not to run the car. I just checked out the new nose (it's not quite that orange…but not as red as the body, oh well...) set down some plans for the season and watched Mark and T.W. have all the fun.

I managed to debug the new in car camera, the brand is here. It produces MP4’s on an SD-Ram chip, which my laptop happens to already have a reader for, so gathering the video from the other drivers will be a piece of cake. The plan is for the video’s I post here to tell the story of the race from multiple viewpoints, so I’ll be gathering and archiving all the video from the participating drivers and then putting them together into about a twenty-five minute video for each race. It's sort of like I'm our own NFL Films guy.

I’ll be posting the start of season dyno results in a few days, but I don't anticipate any problems with the car.

No comments: