Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Video is up at last

I just needed to keep trying until I found a format that worked well. I also put a permalink under the 2008 video for Josh's outstanding 1:59.693 at Thunderhill in qualifying. It turned out that was a qualifying race, but since most of us didn't know it we either went out late (yours truly) or came in early (Jim, Thorpe, etc). Anyway, Mark won but with the confusion we went to a random draw for Sunday's grid...

The Movie night video for week one is just like it was shown at T-Hill, an intro with a minute of Steel Monkey from Jethro Tull using some photo's as well as outside and inside camera shots. It's at a lower resolution (if anyone wants a full blown DVD they can talk to Tom & Bette). Then Josh Vs. The Venal Viper with our twelve hundred cc's of rotary muscle beating a up on a poor defenseless little ten cylinder viper. Followed by the points race and the awful oil dry. The whole thing is about forty minutes.

In the end I think I've found something that will work for a intro song. It's an electronic piece called "Come On" that, if I trim the first thirty seconds, can run a minute or so with the beats at the right spacing and then has a nice gap to end it early enough, sounding naturally without a fade. I'm going to try to dig around a bit in my video archive and see what other stuff I can do to create a more professional looking intro to use for all the movie night films.

No comments: