Monday, February 18, 2008

Thunderhill movie night

Ok, so part of what I’m doing this year, along with writing posts for this blog, is writing with pictures. I’m now responsible for movie night.

Mazda GT has a party on Saturday nights, and when the sun goes down and our bellies are full, we’re breaking out the projector and watching the previous race shown against the side of Tom’s great big white transporter.

I don’t mind saying by the end of the first Willow Springs Saturday I was worried about laying an egg for next month at Thunderhill. A great big rotten stink bomb of an egg like an Easter egg you didn't find until July.

The reason is that we were still working the bugs out of the cameras, and haven’t got very many cameras in place yet, since to be fair the bugs need to be worked out before the guys plunk cash down for them. Mea culpa again, I just need to make the recommendations in time and be ready to support everybody once they get to the track. Toward that end I now have some excellent video of my driving my Miata to Von's, and yes, I will spare you the drama. I made it all the way to the store and back.

But going over what we’ve got for the first race weekend, it looks like I’ve got a lot more material to work with than I thought I’d have. Toward that end I updated the video parts, to your right, by breaking them in two. The pending section up top will be all from our new season video, while I moved the old junk down a bit and out of the way. Josh and I will be posting some more non-2008 season video down there as well, to go along with track notes and other sundry goodies. But all the 2008 season goodness will be up at the top, sooner or later.

For the 2008 season video, Josh’s Sunday qualifying race will be first up, hopefully with some outside footage to go along with it. The tentative title is, “Josh versus the venal viper!” cause he was in a fight with somebody or another from green to checkered flag. And he humiliated that viper by the end, and I love a happy ending. I think I finally understand why women like those flicks where a bunch of people sit around and talk until somebody's aunt dies.... Excuse me, while I grab a hanky...

No comments: